Tuesday, December 22, 2015

"There is no other place like this for an education degree"

Rachel Smart,an early education major, shares her experience as student at the College of Education, Health and Human Services. The Saline native, who has taught in both the kindergarten and toddler rooms at the Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) and a third grade classroom, said her UM-Dearborn educators have given her the confidence to succeed in the classroom after graduation.
Rachel Smart

“I always knew I wanted to teach, and I came here for college because it was highly recommended by everyone I talked to,” she said. “With the one-on-one attention, smaller class sizes and the opportunity to work in the Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC), there is no other place like this for an education degree.”
Smart said every day is different, both as a student and as an educator, and she is excited to start her new journey.
“I feel prepared to go out and excel in my field. I’m going to give my students the best I can, just like many of my teachers did for me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment